Contractor Pay Calculator Assumptions
We’ve made some assumptions in order to provide your calculation.
- No Supervision, Director or Control (SDC) on any assignment during the tax year
- Full employee personal tax code applicable to the current tax year
- You receive a tax refund from HM Revenue & Customs after the tax year-end (5 April) on any expenses incurred but not reimbursed during the year. The refund amount is included as an average weekly.
- Rolled-up holiday pay.
- No pension contribution.
- Assignments are not subject to IR35
- One owner/director involved in the company
- Includes Crest Plus accounting fee
- Directors wage at £162 per week
- Individuals who work on a self-employed basis in the UK construction industry
- Subcontractors registered with HMRC and liable for 20% CIS deductions
The above propositions
- Working 40 hours per week over 52 weeks
- Claiming £175 expenses per week
- Claiming 200 business miles per week
- Business mileage is calculated at 45p per mile for the first 10,000 miles per annum and at 25p thereafter
- You are a UK tax payer and have no earnings from other sources this tax year